New Version of SELECT Server
November 25, 2008
The new version of SELECT Server is now available, enabling you to better maximize license utilization and minimize license administration using pooled and trust licensing.
As a significant upgrade
to SELECT Server XM Edition, the latest release of SELECT Server
(simply named with no suffix or version name) adds Custom Activation
Groups, substantial new reports and reporting tools, and many other
Custom Activation Groups
– Create and manage “mini” license pools within a site to meet the
needs of a specific group, such as a department or a project team.
New Reports, and an Improved Report Options Dialog
– Includes new reports that will provide you and your organization much
greater license usage insight for improved business and resource
- New Standard Reports – View in/out time stamps, total time usage of an application, Bentley product inventory by machine, and much more.
- Usage History Reports – See daily and monthly usage by machine or user. You can now also see usage statistics for Structural Passports.
- Custom Activation Groups Reports – Monitor usage
trends within your Custom Activation Groups. Track usage separate from
SELECT Server’s standard reports to provide a granular perspective of
your groups’ license usage.
SELECT Server now also
features a revamped Report Options Dialog. No more time-consuming
post-analysis to get the information you need about license usage. With
more report options to choose from, you’ll get more visibility into
according to your needs.
– We said at the start that SELECT Server is about minimizing license
administration. Here are some ways the latest SELECT Server helps makes
license administration a breeze:
- 64-bit Support – Take advantage of the performance improvements offered in a 64-bit operating system.
- Multi-Application Checkout – Maximize productivity of your mobile users with the ability to check out multiple licenses at one time.
- Passport Checkout – Checkout a ProjectWise Passport for long-term disconnected use.
- Time Zone Settings – Record and report site usage
according to local time, not just GMT. Administrators may now set the
local time zone for each site managed by their SELECT Server.
- Increased SSL Support – Email notifications between SELECT Server and your mail server are now secure with SSL support.
- Gateway-only Installer – Reduce your installation
time when you want to connect remote offices that are using older
Bentley applications. The gateway-only installer now comes as a
A complete list of new features and enhancements may be found in the Read Me and FAQs that are posted to www.bentley.com/selectserver.